Peer to Peer Mentoring
Nebraska Family Collaborative
- Assist with applying for Access Nebraska.
- Attend court, family team meetings and school
meetings with the family.
- Locate funding for housing, clothing, transportation, food, utilities and medical needs.
- Assist with budget.
- Assist family in establishing goals.
- Assist family in locating and completing substance abuse treatment including attending AA and NA
meeting with family.
- Advocate for family.
- Provide transportation to court, family team meetings and court ordered evaluations when needed.
- Listen and provide an understanding ear.
- Assist family in planning visitation scheduling.
Family Navigator Program
- Are available within 24 to 72 hours after a Helpline referral.
- Assist family in identifying families strengths.
- Assist family in setting goals for family.
- Assist family in identifying existing
- community-based services.
- Provide family support.
- Listen and provide family with understanding ear.
Family Peer Support
emotional, behavioral, and/or mental health issues .
- Work with the family to develop strategies to meet their goals.
- Including school issues, behavior modification, safety plans, care plans and other needs.
- Goal is to help support the family in whatever way the family determines is needed.