Peer to Peer Mentoring:
Referred by: St. Francis Ministries and Nebraska Child & Family Services Unit.
- Engage, motivate and educate parents to ensure children live in stable, healthy homes.
- Let parents know they are not alone.
- Listen without judgment and provide an understanding ear, while focusing on healing and accountability.
- Help parents identify their family’s strengths.
- Assist parents in setting and achieving goals.
- Assist with identifying and accessing community resources.
- Attend court, family team meetings and school meetings with the parent(s).
- Provide transportation to court, family team meetings and court ordered evaluations when needed.
- Help locate funding for housing, clothing, transportation, food, utilities, and medical needs.
- Assist with budgeting and employability.
- Provide parenting training.
- Support family in locating and completing substance abuse evaluation/treatment when needed, including attending AA and NA meetings with parents.
- Advocate for the family.
Family Navigator Program
- Are available within 24 to 72 hours after a Helpline referral.
- Assist family in identifying families strengths.
- Assist family in setting goals for family.
- Assist family in identifying existing
- community-based services.
- Provide family support.
- Listen and provide family with understanding ear.
Family Peer Support
Provide peer-to-peer advocacy for families whose youth have emotional, behavioral, and/or mental health issues.
- Work with the family to develop strategies to meet their goals.
- Including school issues, behavior modification, safety plans, care plans and other needs.
- Goal is to help support the family in whatever way the family determines is needed.
Journey to Success – Youth Leadership and Life Skills Workshops
Empowering youth to achieve their full potential and realize their dreams. Contact Lakeisha Phelps at 402 594-4702 for more information.